Friday, October 23, 2009

Trust and Money

Trust And Money




To be able to trust in others even though you have been burned in the past. I guess I just want to believe in humanity. I want to believe that the majority of people are good. I know there are bad people out there but I think that the majority want to be good.



In general people who can trust are trustworthy. For a while I felt stupid for wanting to be able to trust people even though I have not always had the best luck with people. The major problem was me not listening to my intuition. And not really taking the time to get to know people. My flaw was that I was always so eager to live life that I was never really looked before I leaped... but that is the difference between now and my past.



I vow to continue to be a trusting person but before I leap I will take the time to check people out. Take a breath and evaluate what it is that the other person wants from me and why they want it. That does not mean that I no longer trust in others it just means that I will check things out first before I make decisions. And I will do this because I do not want to have to start over again from scratch when I am 40!



I will keep my money mine from now on. Be very frugal and set myself up well. Never again will I rush into a relationship and trust that person with my money. Because I don't think that I have to share EVERYTHING with some one just to prove that I trust them.



Perhaps that is what growing up is all about. Learning to take the time before you jump into something. Yet at the same time keeping grounded and making sure you are doing what is necessary to keep yourself taken care of.



Really I don't want to be reliant on a man for money. I have always made money and I enjoy working for myself. However I do expect a man I am with to be successful and to be working towards a goal. I want to enjoy life. Go places, do things. Not everything I want to do requires tons of money to make it happen. But if I want to do something in particular that costs money and the man I am with can not make it happen then I am sorry, I am better off alone! I am not having any more kids. There is no reason for me to have to settle. I just want to enjoy life and do what I want. I have been through enough to know that I deserve to live my life in a way that makes me happy.



I like to set up my life like it is a perpetual vacation. Yes I work everyday even on weekends. But each day I give myself permission to do what I want for a couple of hours. It could be a walk and a swim at the waterfalls, jumping off the tower at coconut Island or reading books at Borders. None of these activities require me to open up my purse and spend money. Which I like. In the past year I had to learn how to live on nothing.



So now being more frugal just means that I will be able to retire one day in a cute little cottage some where. The location I am not set on but the front runners at this time are... Faial, Greece and obviously Hawaii. Perhaps I would like to migrate with the seasons. Spend winters in Hawaii and Summers in Faial.



To be really happy for me is simple, I love to garden and grow my own food, cook, paint, draw, read, write and dance! I don't need a big house to make that happen in. I am little. I am like a hobbit. I am perfectly happy in a small cottage so long as I can take a hot bath when ever I want.



I am heading back to the mainland soon, so that I can sell tons of my books. I plan on living very frugally and saving every dollar that I can. So that I can ultimately give myself the life I want. Without compromise. There will be no compromise...what ever makes me happy is the most important because only then can I make others happy and be the humbled Queen that I now am.

Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment