Thursday, June 3, 2010

Article I wrote for OC Family!

(This is an article I wrote for OC Family! )


Feed your family Easy Seasonal meals on just $25- A week!
You may be one of the many with the misconception that healthy foods are expensive...

Think again. If you know where to shop, what to buy and how to prepare it you can turn seasonal produce into budget friendly mouth watering meals. Is this a difficult thing to do? Not really. Shopping for seasonal produce can be done at.... ta-dah your local Farmers' Market! In California a vast range of produce grows year long! So we OC locals are sitting on a wealth of potential savings! A weekly trip to the farmers' Market will prove to save you huge amounts of money each week. Not to mention could also save you money in health care costs down the road.
In mid 2008 I had to change my entire life around to accommodate the fact that I no longer had the income I was used to...I went from "Having it all" To nothing at all! No longer did I have the money to eat out all of the time. And I had to quit buying pricey processed frozen meals from the supermarket. I started to develop easy recipes. Simple preparation AND easy clean up. By using only fresh Farmers' Market produce and bargain bulk ingredients from Costco, my health really thanked me! I lost weight. My nails grow long and strong! And my skin is clear and seems to glow! Most importantly I'm a lot happier and have learned how to be frugal and healthy at the same time!



Pan roasted caramelized onions and veggie stir fry
1 onion finely sliced or rustically chopped

2 cups of chopped seasonal vegetables

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Sea salt to taste



1) In a skillet add the olive oil and caramelize the onion over medium heat. About 15 minutes.

2) Add the vegetables cook for another 10 minutes stirring occasionally.

3) Season with sea-salt to taste. Serve with brown rice.



EASY! Turn stir fry into yummy lettuce cups.
Gaby Sunheart is the Author of "Feed A Family On $25- A Week!" $20. It can be ordered at; www.GabySunheart.com
Article Written By Gabrielle Sunheart
GabrielleSunheart@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment